Monday, January 17, 2011

Life Is Like A Weavers Loom

My first day of finals made me want to drop out of school and wander the streets like a hobo. I want to be free. I've been thinking a lot lately about reality, trust, and the fact that I believe everything happens for a reason. Life is like a big loom, weaving an elaborately patterned piece of cloth, where every thread is a person and every color, line or dot in the pattern are events that shape our lives. I spend the majority of my brain cells trying to figure out why things happen, and how my life can positively or negatively influence another persons. The over-spoken phrase is true; Life is complicated. Within each person is a soul, with complex problems that are like viruses. Each one of those troubled souls interact with other troubled souls, and create an even more intricate weave and pattern. This is what I think about when I'm not watching TV. Ever wonder why I love TV so much? This is why. I also mentioned trust. I never never once met a person other than Jesus who has not let me down in some way. Nothing is real, everything is fake in our world, that's been my experience. Every time I find someone who I hope is different from the rest, all I have to do is wait. Wait until I learn for the zillionth time that no one (absolutely no one) is who they say they are, or who you optimistically assumed they were. It is this reason that I stayed in school. I like to rattle the cage. I like being different, and being exactly who I say I am.  I wish life could be simpler, I wish we had the courage to be unique again. I wish our souls have never grown old.

No comments:

Post a Comment