Thursday, January 6, 2011

Decision Vetoed. Starting now.

Ok, so now that I really can't make a trust-worthy decision, I'll just say it: I'm probably staying in school. I realized you don't have to get away from the school to rise above it and be the amazing person you want to be. Sure it's easier, but it's just as possible to be extraordinary right where you are. Right where I am. In the stale and stuffy classroom where I take Health class, there is one cheesy poster that actually means something to me, it says, "Anyone can stand out, but it takes courage to be outstanding." Super corny, but still super true. It's Thursday now, and surprisingly this week has flown by. I'd like to believe that the school needs me there. To be different. I know they actually don't need me, and a few people might be happier if I was gone, but I feel the need to be here, even if I don't know what for. So I'm throwing out the figurative rule-book on the person I have to be, because I want to be the one who can say they did something with their youth. Starting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment