Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I Am.

I haven't posted in awhile, and reason is because when I come home from work each day, I put on dirty clothes and stalk Facebook and eat, and then go to bed. It's pathetic, I am aware. But I realized the other day that if I want you to read my blog, you'll have to have something to read! Duh. So for awhile, or until I get tired of it, run out of ideas, or forget, I will be posting writing prompts, responding to them myself, and challenging you to write about them, on your blog if you have one, or just in a journal. I'll start things off with a prompt that requires a good bit of self-assessment, and it's called the I Am prompt. For this, you will need to choose just one word that captures as much of you as one word can, and justify it with a bit of writing. I'll go first.
I am brave, and I am nervous. I am loud, and I am quiet. No one person can possibly predict what each day will bring out in me. I am one of the happiest people I know, but I am also at times gripped with the fiercest pangs of sadness and feelings of despair. Some days I wake up and miss the company of friends, and other days I wake up blissfully content in the fact that I will not have to communicate with the outside world face-to-face. Sometimes I think about moving to a big city pulsing with life and interesting people, but more often than that, I wonder about the life of hermits, and how peaceful they must feel, completely secluded from the harshness and letdowns that accompany a life spent in community of others. I feel the most uplifting type of optimism, and the most gut-twisting types of worry and doubt. I am mysterious some days, and open book on others. I am a puzzle with pieces that don't fit together, a mystery novel that ended without a resolution. I am: An enigma.

No comments:

Post a Comment