Sunday, May 6, 2012

Worth It

My feet hurt so badly that I almost cannot walk. My fingers have blisters, and my eyes have dark crescents underneath them. I started my new job today at 7:45am, after having stayed up until one last night. I have plantar fasciitis in my feet, which, if you don't know what that is, is very similar to tendonitis, only on the bottoms of your feet. It's pretty annoying most of the time, but when I have to stand for long periods of time, it gets downright miserable to deal with. So, since my new job had me on my feet from 7:45am until 3pm, I'm not feeling too chipper. However, I'm so thankful to have a job, and as far as first days go, it went very well. When I got home, I changed out of my work clothes and into dirty jeans and a baggy T-shirt, and left to go mow my neighbors lawn with an old school push-mower that we found in a ditch several years ago. my neighbor hadn't mowed her lawn yet this year, and in places the grass was close to a foot tall. But I did it. I probably looked like and idiot, leaning my entire body weight into the mower just to make a foot of headway, but I live in a mobile home park, I'm not the only idiot out there. My fingers are a little blistered, and there will be no more walking or standing tonight, and that's okay, because it's almost time for bed. It's not very pleasant now, but I like earning what I want, and it will all be worth it when I'm handing my passport over to some lady with long acrylic nails on the other side of the airport counter, on my way to Africa. I love my life right now. Maybe I say that a lot, but I don't think that's a bad thing.     -mads

No comments:

Post a Comment