Sunday, May 27, 2012

Looking Forward to 8/21/12

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm not sure if I wrote this yet, but my travel date to Morocco has been tentatively set for August 21st. It's funny how, once there was a concrete date for my departure, the whole thing finally became real. I began work at 7am today, and survived only by slurping dangerous amounts of coffee through a straw each hour. I swear, Bozeman Lodge runs on Seattle's Best. In one day, I would guess the staff and residents drink about 10 gallons of coffee, if not more. By the time the lunch rush has ended, I'm shaking just a little bit, and reaching for the coffee pot just one more time. Now that I have a day set for travel, I am in the midst of the big game hunt for the cheapest airline. It's not going so well. I'm not willing to spend more than $1,500 on airfare, but as I scramble to earn enough money for the ticket, prices are slowly climbing, as they usually will when you least want them to. It is so difficult to trust that God will give me what I need, even though he's never failed me before. For me, if I'm not holding it in my hand right this very second, and can't calculate a reasonable way to get it by myself, I decide that it is impossible, and that I might as well just panic and die, since there is no hope. It's silly though, because I can never in all my life remember a time when I trusted God for what I needed and was left without it. I just need to let earth be earth and let heaven be heaven. Money is nothing. It will be alright. Please pray for me, and pray that I would continue to be blessed with what I need for this big adventure. I just wanted to let you all know when I will be taking off, so it doesn't come as a massive surprise later in the summer. I know this was pretty short and not super interesting, but thanks for reading!    -mads

No comments:

Post a Comment