Thursday, May 3, 2012

This Big, Funny, Weird Life

Hello! I have good news, and that good news is that I have two jobs! I got one job, working as a chiropractic assistant at Advanced Spine and Wellness, the chiropractic office run by my parents, and while I was thrilled to get this job, I knew that I would not earn enough money for next years adventure with only one job. I applied for what seemed like hundreds of places, but never got a reply. I became so discouraged, and when I thought of money, I would start to worry to the extent of hyperventilating. I prayed about it, and remembered that worrying gets me no further than I would be anyway, and decided to let it all fall into place the way it was supposed to. Friends, God is good. I got a call last night, letting me know that I had landed a near-perfect job in the dining room of Bozeman Lodge retirement home. I will be waking up at 6am every Saturday and Sunday, and my entire summer will be spent waiting on the elderly, mowing trailer-park lawns, and cleaning a chiropractic office, but hey, Africa is waiting. I used the calculator on my cheap cell phone to estimate how much money I would earn, and if it would be enough. Not only will it be enough, it will be more than twice enough. This surplus of funds is an enormous blessing, because Morocco isn't the only plan that I have in my future. In other news, I am going to the prom. My dear friend Will didn't feel that I should miss the high school glory that is prom, and so we are going; suit, gown, and everything. Except one thing: we, both being fashion forward, are wearing Birkenstocks to prom. I cannot attend after-prom because the next day I start work at 8am. There is really no way to label my life right now; I am a pre-high school dropout, wondering how I will do my hair for prom, when I can schedule in my GED test, and working two jobs to buy a plane ticket to the other side of the world. It's weird, but it's fun, too. I love this big, funny, weird life, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I will let you know all about my prom experience, and about the first day of work at my awesome new job. Keep me in your prayers, I need them! -mads

No comments:

Post a Comment