Sunday, March 25, 2012

Baby Sloths and Travel Blogs.

This week, I became obsessed with two things: baby sloths and travel blogs. These two things could not be less related, but both are equally charming. Baby sloths are quite possibly the cutest things on planet earth, and I desperately want to go work at a sloth orphanage (they exist!). As for the travel blogs, they simply aren't healthy for me. They are highly addictive, day dream inducing, and they make me feel that my life is completely flat and boring right at this moment and that the only solution is to get rid of everything that I own and put just enough what I need to survive in a backpack and buy a plane ticket and drive to the airport, all in one fluid motion. Unfortunately, that is out of the question right now. I am extremely excited for my great adventure coming up in less than 6 months (which is really not that long), but I am not excited for some necessary parts of preparation for it. Such as studying to take the GED test. I am beginning to think that the GED test is no laughing matter, since I checked out a 927 page tome of GED related information from the library, and found out that the test itself takes more that 7 hours to complete. I am also studying drivers ed manuals, with the goal of getting my license before I leave. I could have gotten it last fall, but didn't, because driving made me so nervous that I would forget every single piece of information I had gleaned from drivers ed and drive as much like a maniac as one can when refusing to drive faster than 30 mph. I decided to get over that, though, and just man up and get my darn license. Another thing I am not looking forward to in my near future is earning the remaining $2,000 dollars I will need for my trip. I know I shouldn't be worried; so far everything I've needed I've been blessed with. I think that having faith will be the most difficult part of fund raising. I don't want to complete any of these less-than-enjoyable tasks, but I know that these will make the end results all the more fulfilling. I hope you all had a restful weekend, and thanks for reading and staying up to date with my life. Sorry I don't have any wise of motivational phrases to share with you this week, but I hoped you liked reading this post anyway.  -mads

No comments:

Post a Comment