Monday, May 19, 2014

My Life As Of Now.

Let me just begin by making some excuses for myself and why I seemed to have dropped off the earth for the past few months (ok, fine, more like half a year). My life has been both hectic and not super interesting at the same time. I've been flying all over the place trying to get everything done before I leave for Uganda, but I spared you the details of it, since I doubted that you'd be enthralled and mesmerized by my trips to Wal Mart to buy Clif bars and travel size tissue packs, or the details of waiting on hold for the doctors office so I can get my expensive antimalarials. So, on the bright side, my first year at MSU is done, and I no longer work at Kohls. It's feels so good to be moving on to a new phase of life. Speaking of life changes, I no longer live in a trailer park! That is worth mentioning and celebrating, considering that I've been living in trailer parks since I moved to Bozeman almost 10 years ago. I moved with my family to a super cute house on 15th Ave, about a mile from downtown. I live in the basement, which is kind of scary, but since it's only temporary, and I'll be moving again in August, I just think of it as part of the adventure. All of my stuff is overflowing from haphazardly packed plastic garbage bags and grocery store produce boxes. Walter, my hip and with it brother, got accepted to Cornell, and that is neat, so I thought I would mention it. ALSO, he turns 21 this Wednesday, so get him some hipster tank tops or beer if you're feeling generous.

Oh, and no big deal, but I leave in 12 days. And I'm sort of in denial. I'm so excited to leave and have another big adventure and hang out with some Ugandan kids, but I don't think I'll accept the fact that I'm leaving until I step off the plane in Entebbe. The same thing happened when I went to Thailand. I spent 36 hours in a sort of delusional daze, wandering off of one plane and onto another, and then when I stepped outside of the airport, suddenly I was in Bangkok. Anyway, I'm hoping that even through my state of denial I can still get everything accomplished that I need to. On Friday I go to the doctor for my antimalarials, and for someone who suffers from doctors office hysteria, that's kind of a scary thing. Every time I go to the doctor and they close the for on the scary exam room, everything is both hilarious and so terrifying at the same time, and I almost always cry about something stupid.

While I wait in this in between time of life, I try to keep things in perspective and remain calm, and try to fill my days with good things. I've been eating lots of vegetables, drinking a lot of tea, and taking my dog on a lot of walks. I've also bought some houseplants, which I'm trying to keep healthy, since I'm very skilled at killing plants by doing everything that's supposed to be good for them. And as always, I've been trying to spend as much time as I can with my excellent boyfriend, who fixes my car and is much too kind and patient.

So, this is my life right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment