Sunday, July 14, 2013

Back To Way-Too-Normal Life

I've been out of Thailand for nearly a month. The time has flown by, and I can't believe that next month the fall semester begins. I've made the decision to try the first two weeks of classes at MSU, and after that, I can continue if I like it or defer enrollment for another year if I don't. I hope I like it. My life is suddenly so normal again, and it's almost uncomfortable to be so comfortable. I'm looking for a job, going to interviews, having coffee with friends, and going running in the morning. Also, I'm cooking my own food and doing my own laundry again. Normal people stuff. What scares me is not how much I've changed by going on this trip, but by how easily things could go right back to the way they were in April, and my life would exist as if I'd never left. I can't let things go back to the way were. I don't want to go straight back to being the exact same person who I was before I left. Travel gives you a chance to reinvent yourself as whoever you want to be; another version of your self, or another person all together. I liked the version of myself I had made while backpacking, and I don't want that to slip away. Things HAVE to stay different.

No comments:

Post a Comment