Sunday, February 3, 2013

I Bought a Ticket

Well, I booked a ticket to Thailand. I'm so excited. I leave just two days after my 18th birthday. I've been planning a big adventure for so long, and now I can't believe I get to leave in a little over two months. When I arrive in Bangkok, I will spend a day traveling by train, taxi, bus, and tuk tuk to reach my destination, Rak Tamachat farm. It's a beautiful permaculture farm in the countryside, and it's where I will be spending the majority of my stay. After a month and a half here, I will spend the first two weeks of June backpacking and exploring Thailand. I hope to go south to the coast and eat my weight in Thai food during this time. After that, I will board a flight to New York, where I will visit my friends and family whom I haven't seen in 3 years. I get to spend two weeks there, and after that, I will take the train or bus home, which will take four days. This seems like something that should scare me. But it doesn't. I'm not scared at all. I know I can do this, I've been preparing for this for a year. Please pray for my safety and wisdom during this crazy adventure. I'm so pumped for this!

1 comment: