Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Quicksilver life

Life is rushing past at such a rapid pace, It almost scares me. I registered for classes of my junior year. It seems like class of 2013 was just walking through the halls as timid freshman. But next year we're all juniors. Then, after that, is the fantasized and glorified senior year, and after that... Our futures are no longer guided by the parallel lines of public education. Our fragile high school friendships will fizzle out until we can no longer remember the sound of our friends laughter or understand why those things we said were so funny. We'll all grow up. This seemed like something that will never happen, like driving towards the horizon but never meeting the edge of the earth. But it will happen, and I probably will be too grown up and preoccupied to even notice. What will happen if every moment is not acknowledged and stretched to its full potential? Answer that on your own, because it may not bother you. But it bothers me; I feel like I'm constantly wasting my own time along with that of everyone around me.  I want to travel around the world a thousand times over, because I know that if I do, I still won't have even come close to seeing and experiencing and knowing what life is about, no matter how temporary life is. That is why I must constantly reinvent myself, because life is far too fleeting to remain the same through it all. I decided to write about this today not only because it has been  lodged into my mind, but also because I want to remind you all that everything matters. Every moment, either wasted or used wisely.
Here is a list of things to do in order to start making every moment count. Choose something off this list, or make your own list, do it, and make some memories.
  • Get up early, watch the sunrise 
  • Give someone something (money, food, encouragement, time, love)
  • Build a monument to something or someone
  • Stand up for someone
  • Take off your shoes, run around
  • Sing in the shower
  • Make a fort
  • Tell a secret
  • Conquer a phobia
  • Leave a love note
  • Climb a mountain (or a hill)
  • Discover something
  • Watch the sunset, all of it 

No comments:

Post a Comment